My memories of Pam
Dear Ben:
I just want to express my sincere sympathy to you and your family during your time of loss. Pam was a very special person and while we may miss her we can be sure she is receiving her rewards in Heaven. I remember how inseparable she and I were when we were very young, and even though we weren't as close in high school we were still a part of each other's lives. We were each other's best friends in first and second grade. We used to confuse the teachers since we looked so much alike. I even remember when we got glasses. She got them one week, and the next week I had them too. We would even trade the glasses and confuse the teachers even more (LoL). On the weekends we were at each other's houses all the time. We had all the "little clubs" that little girls do. We had an art club and we also had a pet-sitting club (I think we got the inspiration for that one from Baby-Sitter's Club :-) ). We even gave fliers out to the entire class!! I think the most fun we had was when we went to her Grandma MacRae's house. We went walking and playing in the park. I think I even asked her grandma if I could adopt her since my grandma lived so far away. We kind of lost touch for a while until high school. We were in band together and eventually became squad leaders together. She had so much musical talent. There weren't many other people that were willing and eager to play two different instruments. We were also on the First Priority Leadership Team together. No matter what was going on, Pam always remained a source of inspiration for me. Her faith in the Lord never wavered. The last time I talked to Pam was probably about two years ago when I saw her at Atlanta Bread Company. We were leaving and she was meeting someone, and we talked for a few minutes. I really wish I had kept in better touch with her over the years. She truly was a special person. Ben, if you don't mind, please send me your parents' address. I would really like to send them a card to let them know that I care. Thanks so much for doing this. I've enjoyed reading other people's memories.
May the Lord's love keep you.
Kelly Brinton Nelson

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home